Snail Takeover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jobrown92

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I have a 55 gallon freshwater tank with some neon tetras, red fin sharks, and a pleco. I am having a serious snail problem. One made it's way in with some fish we bought and we didnt think anything of it. Soon, I was removing 168 snails from the tank. We transferred the fish to another tank and killed off that tank. Emptied all plants, trashed all gravel, and let it sit for a week before refilling it and putting the fish back. It was good for about a month, but now I'm finding snails again. It was one here, one there. Tonight, I noticed one of the plants had 5 of them in it, so I pulled the plant.

I guess I'm just lost here. Is there a snail eating fish that will cohabitate with the fish I already have in the tank? Help!

Only if you have a HUGE amount of *food* and as they are live bearers and prefer *live* food you are usually fine. Also it is *usually* easy to find buyers for any you want to get rid of

Back
Top Bottom