Snail trap???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While it may work, I don't see the point. Snails are slow moving so why do you have to trap them? Just put a piece of cucumber in the bottom of the tank and when they cover it, take it out.

Snail Trap.

Alshain said:
While it may work, I don't see the point. Snails are slow moving so why do you have to trap them? Just put a piece of cucumber in the bottom of the tank and when they cover it, take it out.

I've found it easier to put some green leaf lettuce on a string (50 cents worth, like half of a head (preferably the "harder" internal yellowish pieces. Put it on a piece of glass so the snails can get on it, then just pull it out with a (strong and non fragranced) paper towel or even better, cheesecloth.

I've found that using a cucumber the boogers fall off once they feel motion.

when i threw in some snails from a local creek for my tadpole tank, i had no idea when i released the now grown frogs, and orginal snails back into the wild, that they had layed eggs (the snails, not the frogs) and within a few days i had thousands in a 10 gal tank.

i didnt really have the heart to commit a genocide, so i'd lay the top or a sour cream container in the tank, put some food on it, check on it in a couple hours, snails will be convered on it, lift the lid and with the snails out, and then i'd release them, but after 200 trips to thr creek, i got tired and just brought the whole tank with me and dumped them out

of course you might be in favor or genocide, i dont blame you

but try the food on lid method

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom