snail vs. ghost shrimp.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just ordered 20 more MTS from Aquabid. 13.00 Shipped. i didnt think it was a bad deal. the people at my lfs didnt even know what they were. they added clown loaches to the tank to try and get rid of them. i traded some plants for about 14.

Well as far as know Mts are hated and loved. Loved because of their beauty and cleaning abilities, hated for their reproduction skills. Some ppl reported have about 500 within 3 months and yes 2 clown loaches is all it takes to get rid of them even though their shells are rock hard

Pond snails and Ramshorns are the same way. i dont mind them in my 25g (the koli loaches love them) but in the 55g i want to try and keep clear of both. mts produce live young and both the ramshorn and pond snails lay eggs. i sell my plants at the lfs so i dont want to transfer the eggs to them.

Ghost shrimp are scavengers and will eat anything dead...your snails may have died...you might want to test your nitrates...usually when the nitrates rise the snails are generally the first to be effected

Fishy
Its not a dumb question, Malaysian trumpet snail.

Puff
My nitrAtes are averaging about 30-40ppm. The shrimp are in a planted tank and I maintain higher levels of most macro and micro’s than is normally recommended. I dose using a modified EI regimen. I would agree except I does the same for the 25g and there are no issues with the snails not doing well in that tank.
I will re check everything in the evening after I get up to verify though.

Back
Top Bottom