Snails? I didn't buy snails!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I got the flash light out tonight and found 2 small ones. At least I didn't see any adults. I'm done dipping my plants. Think I may go ahead and get 3 assassin snails. How many do you suggest for a 55 G. I don't want them to reproduce though. Do they reproduce rapidly?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

After ending up with a few different snails from plants even after dips im thinking about putting a few in QT tank and putting plants in their for 1/2 weeks before putting into tank.

I would not use the copper sulfate. Just grab an assassin snail from your lfs or online (the Pet Supplies Plus by me sells assassins) and put it in. They will take care of any snail problem you have and if you only get one the chances of them breeding is slim to none

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Will a loach eat baby snails. I eradicating all the adults. Now I spend every night picking out microscopic babies on the gravel. There is no way, I'm going to survive this. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yoyo, clown and larger loaches like that will. Dojo and kuhli not so much

Krista get the assassin snails, they eat the snails even if they are little babies. If you can't find any assassins let me know I breed them

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I disagree with TeresaM. Get like three. They breed at a much slower pace than mts. You can later add them to other tanks or if b you have enough you can trade then in for store credit at your lfs.

I started with two in a 10g and ended up with about 40 when I decommissioned the tank. I was able to add the to other mts infected tanks.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom