snails keep dying???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No need to worry. Make sure you are using ro water or they may hang around do to silicates in your tap.

I don't have a RO filter ($$$), but I add prime to the water first and let the water settle a day, then add salt. and then do water change.
is that ok?? or I have to go buy one of those RO filter?

You can buy ro if there is a store near you that sells ro filters as they usually sell ro water. Otherwise your lfs should sell it. Ro is cheap compared to all the headache meds you will be buying IMO.

You can buy ro if there is a store near you that sells ro filters as they usually sell ro water. Otherwise your lfs should sell it. Ro is cheap compared to all the headache meds you will be buying IMO.

XD thats true compared to all the salt I need for water change~~
thanks I will go look for one this week ^^

another possiblility~
the temp is getting a little high this two weeks since its so hot~
will that be the reason why they died?
the temp right now is around 79F~81F

These days my water may hit 83-84 and my turbos are fine.

I don't have a RO filter ($$$), but I add prime to the water first and let the water settle a day, then add salt. and then do water change.
is that ok?? or I have to go buy one of those RO filter?
Prime will not remove TDS or hard metals or silicas from the water.

Prime will not remove TDS or hard metals or silicas from the water.

alrite thanks~

ToT I think I really need the RO filter then, I think the water in my city contain a lot of "stuff"
thats probably the only reason left why the snails died.

What is the best temp for a reef tank? there are so many different recom online
OoO don't know which one to go for...
should I keep mine from 79~81?

How old is the tank? Adding that many in a short period of time could have resulted in them starving.

new tank~ about 2months,
1 puffer, 5snails ,10 hermits, 2 emerrald crabs, 24lb live rocks and 50lb live sand.
I will get more live rocks when I get my pay check~
I do feed them, so they shouldn't be starving.
my hermits are doing super~ climbing all over my rocks, eating poops LOL
emeralds were not shy at the beginning, coming out for food, but now, they seem to find their home, and hide inside a hole all the time. haha

Put them wherever you want them. Most people put them on the bottom though. I mixed mine up a bit.

ohoh thank you very much for your answer.
I need to fix the problem quick, temp and RO water.

even thought I still don't know why my snails died, but I think I will do my best to make the best enviornment for them! or just try other snails~XP

Back
Top Bottom