Snails shell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allthingslife42

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So during my water change today, my mature gold mystery snail slipped out of my hand and dropped into the metal bowl.
At the point of the spiral it looks like a tiny piece has come off and a small crack on the main shell is visable. I can not see inside of the shell it is only just a small crack.
Ive put him upright on the bottom of the tank and over the last 4-5 hours his body has come out a little bit but hasnt moved, looks like hes grabbed onto a rock trying to eat it.

Will he be okay or is it best to euthanise? There is cuttlebone in the tank for the babys so he has calcium supplements to regrow

TIA

No need to euthanize, his/her shell may/may not heal, but others have had mystery's live a long time after an injury.

Just keep water clean and monitor, maybe someone who's been through will add more info.

Last edited:
Hope we dont have to euthanise him (confirmed male through breeding pairs)

Will do all those!

Good news! He has got up and walking around, you may see on the point it is damaged and small cracks not visable on photo but he seems to be moving well and looking for food!
f698628966b687f32c5397c68106231a.jpg

Good news! He has got up and walking around, you may see on the point it is damaged and small cracks not visable on photo but he seems to be moving well and looking for food!
f698628966b687f32c5397c68106231a.jpg
Oh good! Yeah the injury to the shell might not heal. But he should be fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom