snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasRipley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey guys,
so i recently added some plants to my tank and i guess i did not rinse them off as well as i should have and now i have snails. are snails bad....my instinct is to get rid of them. i noticed lots of eggs on the glass right under one of my lights and i was able to get rid of them. i have noticed about 3 pea sized snails in my tank. so should i leave them alone or try to get ridd of them? if so how do i get ridd of them short of adding another fish to my tank? thanks!

:)

You can pick them out manually. Malaysian trumpet snails are good in a planted tank. They stir the sand. Pond snails or ramshorn snails can be pest snails.

Pond and ramshorns will breed like crazy. I used it as an excuse to buy some cool loaches.... If you want to get rid of em the easy way; right before lights out take a piece of lettuce and sink it in your tank give it like 20 or 30 mins after the lights are out and reach in and pull out the lettuce leaf it should have lots of snails on. Take the leaf throw it in a blender with some egg whites and a little salt and vinegar, dont forget the snails, and BAM!!! instant protien shake.

hey guys,
so i recently added some plants to my tank and i guess i did not rinse them off as well as i should have and now i have snails. are snails bad....my instinct is to get rid of them. i noticed lots of eggs on the glass right under one of my lights and i was able to get rid of them. i have noticed about 3 pea sized snails in my tank. so should i leave them alone or try to get ridd of them? if so how do i get ridd of them short of adding another fish to my tank? thanks!

Just wanted to jump in here and offer to buy or trade some plant clippings for those snails of yours....I have two dwarf puffers that eat them and I am having trouble keeping them fed, even with a snail breeding tank....let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom