Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreshwaterTropical

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Do assassin snails kill mystery snails??? I just bought a plant with an assassin snail on it and don't want to put it with my mystery snails unless it would not kill them?

I think it will, my knowledge isnt huge but i think the only snails that are safe with assasins are elephants

Ok the one I got for free has a sort of elephant nose long trunk thing. Is it an elephant snail or a assassin snail or are they the same thing?

If memory serves correctly they need to be faster than assassins to survive. I may be mistaken. I do know that it takes a day or two after a kill to go hunting again for them

FreshwaterTropical said:
Ok the one I got for free has a sort of elephant nose long trunk thing. Is it an elephant snail or a assassin snail or are they the same thing?

Upload a pic! 15 characters

Elephants are huge and look totalt different to assasins. Check'em out of net. Ull easily know which one u have but from what uve sed id say assasin

One of my mystery snails has a gravel rock stuck inside its trap door, not letting it close all the way. What do I do? Should I pull the rock out?

Wow that sounds scary. If your delicate enough, and have tweezers small enough. I'd give it a go.

That depends on how it is stuck. I would say no. The snail can manipulate his body pretty well and should be able to deal with it. But, get a picture if you can, maybe I am wrong.

I actually think the snail pushed the rock out from inside it's shell! The rock is not in there anymore!

Iv read that assassin snails wont bother mystery snails because they are so much larger, However I dislike all snails haha

Back
Top Bottom