Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cuvac

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey forum,

I've had my 10gallon tank running for nearly half a year now. Overcoming a fair few issues, but a new one popped up. A few days ago I noticed my water looked a slight bit cloudy, but I thought it'd go away. It still looks cloudy today and when checking out the aquarium, I saw snails everywhere. I had never seen any snail in the aquarium for over six months and right now I have about 20-30 very small snails in my tank.

Is this an issue? Or just an outburst of some sort?

Thx in advance
Cuvac

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hey forum,

I've had my 10gallon tank running for nearly half a year now. Overcoming a fair few issues, but a new one popped up. A few days ago I noticed my water looked a slight bit cloudy, but I thought it'd go away. It still looks cloudy today and when checking out the aquarium, I saw snails everywhere. I had never seen any snail in the aquarium for over six months and right now I have about 20-30 very small snails in my tank.

Is this an issue? Or just an outburst of some sort?

Thx in advance
Cuvac

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Snails and snail eggs can hitch hike on plants purchased from and LFS so if you have added new live plants recently this could be where they have come from. Overfeeding seems to make them reproduce much quickly. A couple of assassin snails should do the trick if you want to get rid of them.

As for the cloudy water I can't say, possibly a bacterial bloom if you have cleaned the filter or changed or substrate that could be the issue. Do a water change and see where that takes you.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom