Snails!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SushiRoll

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am going to breed apple snails and I was wondering how big they have to be to be able to breed? I have 1 ping pong ball sized black, 1 penny sized gold and 1 penny sized ivory. Also any tips would be great :)

Can anyone help me?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Hi, when my apple's bred they would've been just under a inch in size. As long as you have a male and female you'll be fine! And you will also need to keep your water line lower so they have room to lay their eggs, some will lay on the lid or can go walkabout if you don't have one.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

How low should the water line be? Also I have a glass lid with practically no holes so no snails getting out and it is really humid above the water because bettas need to breath moist air.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421597677.728293.jpg
This is my ivory snail my black is like 2 or 3 time bigger than her.

How low should the water line be? Also I have a glass lid with practically no holes so no snails getting out and it is really humid above the water because bettas need to breath moist air.

My water line was lowered 2 inches from the top, just so they had enough room. Good you've got a lid at least they won't go walkabout Lol

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

I would drop the water line a little lower than what you have just to be sure they have enough room to move around and lay their eggs at the proper spot

Back
Top Bottom