Snowflake Eel in 40 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spineylives

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering if I could keep a snowflake eel for 2 years max in a 40 gallon breeder tank. I would be off to college and would have to tear down the fishtank anyway. This would also be my first attempt at saltwater so I really want to hear people's opinions or other suggestions for 40 gallon setups.

Truthfully I wouldn't even set a tank up if you know two years is the max. 1 year is when things really get started because the tank establishes so I wouldn't even think its worth the heartbreak of giving the fish away. You get surprisingly attached.

I agree, plus marine (saltwater) aquariums are 100x harder to give up than any other due to the amount of effort, time and the fish begin to have characters. Let alone the cost and time scale, most people will take over a year to fully stock a marine tank sometimes 2-3 years

Alright, I may have to move some of my Bolivian Rams (there kinda the best ;) )to the 40 gallon then and just add cardinals, otos, and a shoal of cories. Thanks for the advice!

Yeah I agree with everyone else. Cause I've only been in this hobby for 4 months now and I have a 43 gallon and a 20 gallon salt water fish tanks and soon I'm getting a 110 gallon tank too. Yeah you can put a snowflake eel in a 40 gallon but it has to be in a sealed tank cause they are escape artists. Cause I have a sting ray in my 43 gallon

image-3735421245.jpg

Ummm not to be mean or anything.... But a 43 is wayyyyy toooo small and a 110 is still too small. Stingrays need huge footprints. I wouldn't put any in anything under a 6x3 tank.

Back
Top Bottom