Snowflake Eel keeps going down drain..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FOWLR-JUNKIE

Aquarium Advice Regular
My snowflake eel keeps wondering off and going down the drain the drain to my reef ready tank and going down to sump.. What can I do to stop him from getting down there.. Even aryclic won't stop him from going down there

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ok I made me some durso standpipes.. Where can I find myself a strainer to fit a 1" Pvc elbow..?

You can make one out of PVC.. Just buy a small piece and a cap and drill it full of holes. Lots and lots and lots of holes.

Great idea I'll do that right now.. I have a few left over

Something like this I'm guessing ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413743152.521293.jpg

Something like this I'm guessing View attachment 253432

take a knife/sand paper or something and smooth out the edges of the holes. it will improve water flow and prevent any injury if the eel or something gets down around the strainer.
without knowing your space limitations, I would make it a bit longer with holes all along it so there is less chance of it getting clogged.

Oh yea.. I had to just turn my mag down abit but still better good flow.. Thanks on the advice.. And hey do you how I could lower the noise of my mag it is kind of loud.. Any ideas on that..?

Over I'll get some more pvc and I'll do that maybe 2mar..

Hey and guys with the cycle part of aquarium I feel like the cycle is over.. But my spikes weren't to out of control the ammonia had gotten no higher than 1ppm and nitrite didn't get no higher than .5-1ppm and nitrate no more than 20 ppm.. Is this normal with a tank.. Also I didn't even do a water changer I checked this morning twice and everything was at 0ppm.. So I done my water change anyway but was confuse afterwards.. Is this normal..?

Back
Top Bottom