Snowflake & Wolf Eel... together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GatorDrew

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 90 gallon tank. I currently have a small wolf eel and small panther grouper. I only plan on there being about 8-9 fish total in the tank. So far there are two.

I was curious if a snowflake eel and wolf eel would get together well?

Thoughts?

They will probably get along together, but I will tell you that you technically, are already overstocked. A 90 gallon is not that large, you will have fish in there that produce alot of waste. There is no way you can do 8-9 fish. Not ethically anyway. Unless of course, the rest are small fish, at which case, the grouper will eat them and they wont be in there long.

Funny... right now they're pretty much friends. They stay on top of each other while feeding, etc.

I believe I can return the grouper to my LFS once he gets around 8" or so...

Yeah i'd be careful with the grouper, some species will grow to a weight of about 6 or so hundred pounds. Anyways, about the eels. I'm not so sure about the wolf and the snowflake, but my friend and I keep a Moray and a snowflake together. They're in brackish, but we're slowly going to transition them to salt. When we first introduced them to the tank there were two seperate rock piles on either end of the tank because we figure'd they'd both enjoy the space. But by the next day they had buddy'ed up in one pile so we rearranged the rocks into a bigger pile for them. They eat about 10 feeders a week and live with 6 monos (sebae).

I read they can get as big as "Up to 7 feet (2.4 m) and 40 pounds." Wow.

After some discussion, I think I'm going to add just one or so more fish. Possibly a lion fish. After the lion, I'll save up for a good skimmer to be able to handle it all...

Back
Top Bottom