So empty!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leighann_irene

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gallon tank with only 4 fish.
Ziggy - marbled bichir 6" 2yrs
Patrick - blood parrot cichlid 6" 2yrs
Paco - parrot cichlid 1 1/2"
Sheldon - hongi cichlid 3"
Everyone is happy and gets along perfect they each have their own spots and play nice. Unfortunately I have figured out that Sheldon does not like other Africans in the tank. So I'm not sure what to put in. I really love strange fish! The two parrots can't hurt anyone due to their mouth deformity so they are no threat but I don't want them to be a target either. They never really have been with any of my fish and I would like to keep it that way. My tank is just so empty[emoji17]

I just want ideas on what to put in. I love oddballs!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure he would work due to my hongi attacking anything that looks similar to him... I'm wondering about knife fish or a dragon goby. I know the dragon goby is brackish but I've talked to people that have had success putting them in with similar fish as mine as long as u acclimate them correctly to the freshwater. What is your opinion?

I'm not sure he would work due to my hongi attacking anything that looks similar to him... I'm wondering about knife fish or a dragon goby. I know the dragon goby is brackish but I've talked to people that have had success putting them in with similar fish as mine as long as u acclimate them correctly to the freshwater. What is your opinion?

The dragon goby is a brackish fish. It's been sold for ages as freshwater because the fishermen that caught it, caught it in freshwater and just assumed. It's a highly versatile fish that can even live in marine tanks. It doesn't do well long term in freshwater, plus the beast gets like 2 feet long. Too big for your tank.

Caleb

This is true and thanks on the history lesson I've always wondered. When I first started keeping fish I had one in a ten gallon tank with several other fish.... Poor guy I had no idea what I was doing. He did great up until an ick outbreak though. He is probably one of my favorites I've had. So much personality

I'm not sure about this but you might be able to put in Denison Barbs (Red line shark). They aren't super rare but are pretty colorful. However, I honestly don't know much about them or how they will do with your fish, so you should do research/get other opinions about that.

Back
Top Bottom