So happy to be here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Cougrrr

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, everyone! My name is Lady Cougrrr (well, not really:clown:) and I'm very excited about fishkeeping. My parents were really big into the hobby, and I grew up surrounded by tanks up to 200 gallons with fish that grew to monstrous proportions!

At 17, I tried my hand at keeping fish, with disastrous results. I didn't understand what was going wrong, and the guilt of so many fishy deaths weighed heavily on my conscience. I quickly gave up the hobby. 6 years ago, I started to keep bettas successfully, and just recently decided to again try to maintain an aquarium.

I borrowed every aquarium book from the local library, and between them and the internet think I have finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I had no idea how important "cycling" was! :oops: I probably never got past "new tank syndrome".

My new 28 gallon tank is nearly done its fishless cycle, and soon I will be able to try some fish in there. Hopefully I'll be able to get some answers to the burning questions that I have, and maybe even someday be able to help others!

Happy to meet you all!

Lady Cougrrr

Back
Top Bottom