So, I added a second filter to my 29g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

papa_bear_21

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been looking at filters for some time now, and while I would have prefered a canister filter, I added an aquaclear 50 along side my aquaclear 30. We have it gated down so as not to disturb the fish as much, since is was moving my gravel about. We have the 2 of them on seperate ends of the tank, and so far it seems to be working good. I have it setup with the media that it comes with, sponge, carbon, and bio filter media stuff. Once it cycles through, I will take the carbon out and add in a second sponge. We also added a pleco (unsure of what species pleco at this time, still working on that.) and a Dojo loach. The dojo loach didnt make it, but he will be going back and getting replaced. We also picked up a 3 gallon eclipse tank, and moved the guppies over to that one. To help make room for the new aditions, as well as give the guppies a place for themselves.

All in all, a 1 gallon tank turned into a hobby...LOL

bear

Sounds like you are really getting your hands wet in the hobby. Just try to let the tank cycel before you really start to stock up the tank. Also instead of getting another sponge for it, maybe you can try some filster floss which will really get the smaller particles out of the water, just know that when it gets full of crap it will slow the flow of the filter down, then you know to clean it out. Just a thought to consider.

I've run filter floss in the ac30, and it worked good. I may run it again, since neither of them are running carbon.

We are just beginning in the hobby, just bought a second tank, the 29 has been taken down. I think we are experiencing a mini cycle in the 55 right now, so we are starting to monitor things a little more closely than we have. We transferred everything from the 29 over to the 55, and added additional water to top it off, I am not sure if that could cause a mini cycle as it seems like it would be like a pwc...

thanks for the reply...

Bear

Back
Top Bottom