So I found a betta bowl in the basement....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
And put together this! Maybe an hour long project using things I already had. For as small is it is-and in retrospect I wish I had measured-this base actually is organic soil.

There's a tiny bit of baby tears floating, not sure if I'll keep that or not. Having trouble keeping the marimo down but the RCS definitely likes it!

I was thinking about attaching some moss to the wood, it would be beneficial to the bowl and shrimp but I like the simple look of it as is. Any thoughts?

img_3189893_0_b79d641821d3933063dc112e682b5513.jpg

Last edited:
Also brief hijack, is that a pit in you avatar? Just curious, I love them, and have two.

Awesome! I have 4, all rescues. Avatar pic is deaf Mr B. He was diagnosed with cancer (brain tumors) last spring and died in January. That's what caused me to get back into the hobby...I really, really needed a distraction, something to keep me busy.

img_3189911_0_32484ddaf8d0d1cfbb3b2f1b82217b1d.jpg

Aww so sorry for your loss. I could talk for days on this subject but obviously won't cloud your thread with it. Awesome to see another terrier lover.

Mr b was gorgeous BTW and looks like he felt very loved.

Love all the experiments as well!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Aww so sorry for your loss. I could talk for days on this subject but obviously won't cloud your thread with it. Awesome to see another terrier lover.

Mr b was gorgeous BTW and looks like he felt very loved.

Love all the experiments as well!

Hey, no problem! They are the best dogs ever (y)

The shrimp is so active, really fun to watch it explore. Funny thing he (?) she was chosen from my RCS tank because at the time it had essentially no color!

img_3189963_0_e69683962c9ea8d6a3f6e3e725a4815c.jpg

And I always thought shrimp needed heaters... Lesson learned here! What's your PWC-schedule, if you hava any? Dosing ferts?

Sent per three-eyed raven..

I'm going to have to try this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And I always thought shrimp needed heaters... Lesson learned here! What's your PWC-schedule, if you hava any? Dosing ferts?

Only one of my shrimp tanks is heated, the rest are room temp.

No idea yet about pwc for this little setup. I did basically a drop of Comp, Flourish, and Excel. Also hammered a Flourish root tabs into smaller bits and buried a couple of those pieces.

Make sure you share pics!

I'm thinking about hitting up the thrift shops to see what other glass containers I could use :whistle:

I'm thinking good will.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wooo looks good Theresa

Keep it simple, it works. :)

I love bull breeds. Got a English staffy, still a puppy chews everything...

Wooo looks good Theresa

Keep it simple, it works. :)

I love bull breeds. Got a English staffy, still a puppy chews everything...

Thanks so much!

Bullies are awesome...two of mine are 3 years old, both act like toddlers :blink:

What substrate are you using?

Sent from my 710C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm dying to do one of these nano tanks. Would like it to be in the 5 gallon range. Your threads are making me want to go to the LFS....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You come up with the best tanks ever ?
Thanks! Too much time on my hands I guess :whistle:

What substrate are you using?

This one has organic potting soil capped with Tahitian Moon Sand.

I'm dying to do one of these nano tanks. Would like it to be in the 5 gallon range. Your threads are making me want to go to the LFS....

You should definitely do it! And post pics! Can't remember who I shared this with but there are some very creative ideas at this link; they're all 2g or less:

LIST: low tech, mini, nano, pico planted tanks: ---> 50+ <--- examples

Bowl has been sitting on my desk all day...the shrimp seems quite happy but hell bent on messing with the plants. Uprooted a moneywort stem and now dragged down one of the floating bits...

Back
Top Bottom