So many questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reyes0223

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wanted to introduce myself my name is Raul I'm new to saltwater so be gentle :D. I just purchased a used 140g tank that was setup and running. I tried to do a little research and i kind of get how to start up a new system. I have had it set up for about four weeks now and my ammonia levels spiked the first 2 week but now are bottomed out same as nitrite levels. nitrates are fairly low as well. Is it safe to say my biological filter is up and running? What should i do now? lol. Right now the system is on a sump w/ a coralife protein skimmer. I have koralia 550, 500gph water pump for water movement. about 25 lbs of live rock. temp is at 80, specific gravity is at1.025. as far as lighting goes its a simple aquarium compact fluorescent light with a blue led light rope attached. i assumed that is what he used for moonlight? I want to eventually add some coral just need to do a little research. any and all information would be greatly appreciated.:thanks:
Some questions I have:
Lighting any recommendations?
what are some hardy corals that are very forgiving?
What fish should i start with and when?
when do i start adding coral?
is 500gph sump pump enough? the original 1300gph one it came with no longer works without giving you a little shock :(.
so many more ?s i cant think of anymore right now lol.

So excited to get started but im kinda overwhelmed :confused:

Back
Top Bottom