So now what???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flitabout

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well aparently my undergravel filter is a bad idea now. I feel like I am at square 1. I now with what I want do with this tank that the one little filter isn't going to be enough. I always used bio-wheels and I have to agree that they break fast so I don't want to put money into something that isn't going to work for awhile. I want something that will give me lots of water movement a good base for bacteria. I am not overstocking my tank but I want it filtered like an overstocked tank. My fish have always seemed happiest that way. So I need a good filter system that won't break the bank. What i have now is a 37g tall with a top fin 40 200gph HOB.

good to see another minnesotan!! i usually shoot for 10x turnover or more. if you like the filter you have, you could just add a second one and be set. then if one goes out, you will always have another.

What brands are good brands of either? Can I run both? I will be setting up a new tank in October for my stepson and I would like to switch the topfin filter to that tank to help get it established.

Fluval AC power filters are awesome HOB filters, I'm a fan of Penn plaxx(?) Cascade and canisters, I also recommend fluval internal u2-u4 for dealing with bottom scum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom