So, probably getting an 8 foot, 200 gallon tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, realistically they can get to 4 feet in the aquarium, but according to liveaquaria they can go in 180gallon tanks. Here is a quick description on them:

"The Sturgeon, also known as the Sterlet, is a primitive looking fish that has a long snout and a mouth located on its underside. The rows of heavy plates along the flanks and dorsal surface along with its shark-like tail, add to this primitive look.

The Sturgeon, due to its potential size, will do best in a large community aquarium with numerous rocks and caves with a sandy bottom. This fish is a peaceful giant and will generally leave other tankmates alone. However, it should not be trusted with fish small enough to fit in its mouth.

The Sturgeon is quite hardy and adjusts to aquarium conditions nicely. The temperature may be allowed to rise to 74ºF, but it generally should be kept between 54 and 65ºF. Clean and clear water along with good water current is essential to this fish's health. A powerful filtration system is a must. The Sturgeon won't spawn in the home aquarium, but in nature it breeds from May to June.

Largely carnivorous, the Sturgeon prefers freeze-dried bloodworms and tubifex, pellet food that sinks, high-quality flake food, and meaty frozen foods."

Just an idea of a big fish lol - obviously it's up to you whether you like it and whether you want to read up on it. I imagine it'd be a pretty impressive fish to show-off though lol.

And sturgeon are a cold water fish

What happened to you not being able to afford and needed to save up for a heater that would have gone into your proposed 20 gallon tank?? Just curious

I still read this post and smile every now and again :thanks:

I still read this post and smile every now and again :thanks:

Haha I kinda laugh too, but I wasn't trying to be mean or anything, just thought it was time to say something so no ones time and effort would be wasted on a nonexistent and probable never to exist tank. I would be upset if I got duped into helping out a lie

They say 85% of big tanks never happen

Will this be one of the 85%

I don't see why people feel the need to lie
It's not like they won't get found out in a few months

I love all the people here giving financial advice when they probably don't have 5k saved themselves. Good job kid for learning to save young. And I guarantee none of them had that much at 15 I know I didn't.

Unfortunately the fish you suggested aren't going to work long term they get to big and can live 15-20 years. What is going to happen to these fish when you do go to school 2 or 3 years.

If you do have the long term care worked out then may I make some other suggestions.

- School of Frontosa they look really cool in a group.
- Fahaka Puffer (my personal favorite)
- Mbuna tank a bunch of african cichlids
- Peacock bass are really cool and brightly colored.
- Haplarchus Psittacus very brightly colored grow fast, rare, could ad some severums in with them
-Go Saltwater and get a Picasso triggers. They have great personality and colors.

We don't have a basement, so I guess we will be good

Is your room on the foundation or are you in an upper room? The weight of a gallon of water is 8.35 lb (about 3.79 kg) That means just the water in the tank weighs 1,670 pounds. The glass and cabinet and any rock or wood will easily make that baby weigh 2,000 pounds. I know of people who have had their tanks fall through the floor.

The other poster is right, you have to know which way your floor joists run or you will have a disaster on your hands.

His joists are not a problem they must be strong to hold the vault he keeps his money in

Back
Top Bottom