Solo fish for 36gBF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have an empty tank now and am considering some options. I think I might go with some Asian barbs, but I want to consider some options first.

What is a solo fish that could easily live in here? I don't want to have to worry about upgrading or anything. And I may or may not go planted. Currently, it is full of fake (but, good looking) plants.

Any ideas?

An

Angel, Apisto, African Butterfly Cichlid, Opaline Gourami

A
Krib, German Blue/Bolivian Ram, most killifish, Pearl Gourami, Dwarf Gourami, Moonlight Gourami, Blue Gourami, Gold Gourami, Some Pencilfish, or Betta.

A betta. I should definately put one of my bettas in there. It would be like paradise!

Maybe an angel. I have never had one and tend to steer away from South American fish, but I'll look into it. Or maybe one of the gouramis.

Thank you for the list! Some good ideas to research.

Cool! Good to hear :)

That would definitely be a paradise for them, mine LOVE to swim about my forty gallon.

Also, there are paradise fish, wild-type bettas like betta plakat, albarainga, etc, croaking gourami, golden dwarf acaras, and LOTS of apistos.

Just to give you some ideas :)

I love paradise fish! I used to have one, but he got some sort of a disease and passed on. That was a very sad day...

Anyways, I was kind of looking for something that would have the requirements of at least 30g, like the largest fish I could possibly fit. I really like solitary fish and kind of fulfilled my community taste with my 55g.

i put a female betta in my 36 gallon corner tank and i think it is the happiest fish in the world. My other fish don't know what to make of it but they leave it alone.

Back
Top Bottom