Some advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jumbaaa

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I am starting my first planted aquarium. I got some Java Moss and some Hornwort to start... I am looking for some other suggestions as to what else i should add... I figured I would do a small 10 g .
I also know hornwort grows fast and would look great in my larger tanks, but how to I split it up? just cut it in half and weigh it down?
Thanks for your help
John

jumbaaa said:
So I am starting my first planted aquarium. I got some Java Moss and some Hornwort to start... I am looking for some other suggestions as to what else i should add... I figured I would do a small 10 g .
I also know hornwort grows fast and would look great in my larger tanks, but how to I split it up? just cut it in half and weigh it down?
Thanks for your help
John

Java ferns, anubias, some crypts. With the hornwort just break it up and it will continue to grow like crazy.

For the hornwort... Do you cut it in half? I a confused how you get it to thicken up. I know thus sounds stupid but never worked with live plants before

jetajockey said:
You can trim the hornwort wherever you want. With mine I just trim it down to the size I want it to be at, then plant the trimmings next to the old plants.

Awesome thanks for the advice
John

Back
Top Bottom