Some crazy worm like thing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shad121

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have been noticing something sticking out of the liverock at night. At first only about an inch came out and it looked like some sort of slug.

But last night I came down about 4am and saw this in my tank!
02LiB.jpg

I am really freaked out by it, and I have no idea what it is. I've tried searching for ages but it doesn't seem to match anything I've seen!:blink:

Please help!

HOLY! That is crazyyy, I've never seen anything like it either, closest thing I can think of is a peanut worm and I don't think that is correct at all. It looks like it's almost fuzzy or hairy with weird hard shell things on top.

Does it move around or is it always seen in that same spot on the rock??

Maybe Mr X or Thincat will chime in, they are pretty good at identifying things.

Looks like a type of sea cucumber.? The closest match I could find was a sea apple.

looks like a chiton to me. here is one i had in my system. note the "armor plates". see the resemblance?
img_1387457_0_8acad37251a2c433d331f6f1cb4c5a44.jpg

img_1387457_1_49f42cb6f1d6e0854e9dcfee8072b031.jpg

if i'm right they are harmless and good for your system.

Yah i definitely do see the resemblance, yours even has that fuzzy look. Hers just looks more long and narrow. It's amazing how different each chiton is! These ones look nothing like the two I have found in my tanks, they both had the full covered shell.

Thanks Doug!

Back
Top Bottom