Some Endlers questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
Not long ago I set up an Endlers tank...sponge filter, lots of plants, 2 RCS for clean up, a trio of N class black bar, and a trio of N class orchid.

Tonight I saw our first fry! I know, livebearers, easy fish but I'm really excited about this and have a few questions:

What is optimal water temp for them?

How often should they be fed?

How often should I be doing water changes?

Thanks!

I also raise Endler's, the temp range should be in the upper 70's to around 78 degrees. Also the warmer the water will affect the sex of the fry. The water should be changed 1x week, about 40%. I find that special fry food that's high in protein helps the fry grow quickly, in about two months their fully grown! I kept my fry in a mesh fry nursery in the main tank, which worked well, but not necessary. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I also raise Endler's, the temp range should be in the upper 70's to around 78 degrees. Also the warmer the water will affect the sex of the fry. The water should be changed 1x week, about 40%. I find that special fry food that's high in protein helps the fry grow quickly, in about two months their fully grown! I kept my fry in a mesh fry nursery in the main tank, which worked well, but not necessary. Good luck!

Thank you so much! How many times per day do your feed them?

I use Hikari First Bites and Instant Baby Brine Shrimp for my fry. I keep N Class Orchids, and I have a special holding tank for the fry with a sponge filter. For the fry, I feed them 2x a day. The adults, only 1x a day. For the adults, I alternate between flakes and dried brine shrimp. For the fry, I do a few days of the Hikari, and then a day of the instant brine shrimp.

And where are pics of the new arrivals?!?

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What temp is it. Like warm makes more females and cold more males?

I do nothing special for my endler fry whatsoever and I suffer no losses. They are in the main tank with their parents. I feed no special food or anything. If you want to have different care for them I would like to hear how it turns out.:)

Sent via Messenger of Gondor

I use Hikari First Bites and Instant Baby Brine Shrimp for my fry. I keep N Class Orchids, and I have a special holding tank for the fry with a sponge filter. For the fry, I feed them 2x a day. The adults, only 1x a day. For the adults, I alternate between flakes and dried brine shrimp. For the fry, I do a few days of the Hikari, and then a day of the instant brine shrimp.

And where are pics of the new arrivals?!?

Thanks for the info!

How many fry do they have on average? I'm counting 8, and they're not even from my big waddling female I thought would go first!

Photobucket is having issues, I'll try to post pics later.

Ok, here is waddling mom:

img_3144957_0_768a55964df3537c9c701981922267a3.jpg

And the first fry, not sure why it looks so orange in the pic:

img_3144957_1_e900ea65d394844b5fa1bf929a75826c.jpg

Ooh! Gorgeous!! As for quantity, it varies. Some times, I get three or four from a single female. Other times, it's closer to fifteen!

As for the orange cast on the pictured fry? It could just be the white balance in the camera. Either way, it's adorable!!!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
36g Tropical Community
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back
Top Bottom