some kind of tadpoll...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thedannyd

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have no idea...one of the kids saw them and that was it... Anyone know what they will be?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110718_101225.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110718_101225.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 219
how big is it? it could be a bullfrog,or less likely,a newt or salamander

alLexX said:
how big is it? it could be a bullfrog,or less likely,a newt or salamander

Any bullfrog tads ive seen were 2-3x larger than this lil guy. This thing is about 2 1/2" long. I could be wrong though. Never seen tadpolls in a tank before. Maybe they are stunted?

Any bullfrog tads ive seen were 2-3x larger than this lil guy. This thing is about 2 1/2" long. I could be wrong though. Never seen tadpolls in a tank before. Maybe they are stunted?
i dont think they get stunted. and ive seen bullfrog tadpoles that small,depends how old they are when you catch em

If they happen to be bullfrogs i'll be a lil disappointed in myself for buying them. I could go catch at least a 1000 of them any givin day right now. These ones have almost a flourecent green mylar lookin the tail. Doesnt show on the pic but when the light hits them right it is there. Ive never looked close enough at a bullfrog to know if they do or not. I hope ur wrong for my sake.
If they live to adulthood i will post pics. They are starting to shoot out nubs already. Just tiny nubs but they are there.
Now we wait...

If they happen to be bullfrogs i'll be a lil disappointed in myself for buying them. I could go catch at least a 1000 of them any givin day right now. These ones have almost a flourecent green mylar lookin the tail. Doesnt show on the pic but when the light hits them right it is there. Ive never looked close enough at a bullfrog to know if they do or not. I hope ur wrong for my sake.
If they live to adulthood i will post pics. They are starting to shoot out nubs already. Just tiny nubs but they are there.
Now we wait...
i doubt they are bullfrogs at that size,but a different species of frog is possible. only time(or a DNA test,but i dont think it ,matters that much)will tell

That looks like a bullfrog tad pole. Leopard frog tads are only about an inch long. Bullfrog tadpoles look just like that.

That looks like a bullfrog tad pole. Leopard frog tads are only about an inch long. Bullfrog tadpoles look just like that.
i agree that its not a leopard frog,but that things sproutin legs at 2 inches,i doubt its a bullfrog

I don't know much about the tadpole stuff and i'm probably wrong but it could be a fire belly toad or something like that they sell there... I would call and ask them. :D
good Luck!

I don't know much about the tadpole stuff and i'm probably wrong but it could be a fire belly toad or something like that they sell there... I would call and ask them. :D
good Luck!
im not very familiar with fire bellys,but i think they stay pretty small(correct me if im wrong)

Doesnt the worlds smallest tadpoll make like the biggest frog...or some sort to that? I appriciate all the help though. And the LFS (Earl May) doesnt have a clue. But they said they would ask their supplier for me. We will see...

Holly smokes...ive had some more time to search this thing. And I learned nothing. Closest I could find were the bullfrog and green frog. Oh well. Time will tell

Back
Top Bottom