Some pictures of my 20 Gal planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimmingWithTheFishes

Aquarium Advice Regular
First an overview....20 gal, five male guppies, five oto's, 2 zebra danios (i know they'd be happier in a bigger group but i got these froma friends move and they are already 3 yrs old- should i still get them a buddy?) and 2 african dwarf frogs (probibly a mistake since they are turning out to be a pain to feed- any suggestions to feed them without my other fish taking in all?)
tank 078.jpg
This isn't a great shot but three of my five oto's are there...
tank 065.jpg
and two more oto shots
[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• tank 067.jpg
    tank 067.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 99
Overview close up...
tank 002.jpg
ADF... the other frog lost his front leg! -he stopped using it right after he got to his new home... then it swelled up, turned white then fell off....He seems to move fine but is much more nervious than this one. Is there anything i should do.....will it grow back?
tank 013.jpg
GOtta love the oto's - I set this up with them in mind...
tank 040.jpg

Please, any photography, aquascaping, stocking, ext. advice welcome!

Attachments

• tank 001.jpg
    tank 001.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 65
dwarf frogs (probibly a mistake since they are turning out to be a pain to feed- any suggestions to feed them without my other fish taking in all

well my advice, what i do ' I have a log, you can use the coconut log, or any log or cave with a top hole, and I feed my pleco's this way , *(the molly in one tank, and angels in the other tank seem to gooble up all the pellets or flake I put in there for him, so what I do is use the sinking pellets, I started with shrimp pellets, now I use ethier crab cusine, *( shrimp love this food too ! ) and I also have been using sprilina sinking pellets, my plecos stay in thier caves alot, so I drop the pellets into the cave/ log , and they can eat the food without the fishys bothering them . this has worked well for me so far. i am not sure the diet of the frog, I would like to get me one some day . but If you can find a sinking food, and place it under somthing by hand, *(the fish move away think your in the tank moving furinture or somthing .. LOL ) but I also throw in a few flakes so they are preoccupied with that . HTH ~~

Your pics are great !! nice fish .

Great looking tank. For feeding ADF's I use a turkey baster and feed after the other fish feed. The turkey baster allows you to target feed the frogs directly.

Swimming,

Tank is looking very nice.. I'm impressed with the Oto's - nice rounded stomachs, they are eating well. Are they on a strict algae diet or are you supplementing the diet with wafers?

Best regards,

William

Back
Top Bottom