Someone help him.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyg23

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can someone please tell me what kind of fish this is? He is at petland and I was wondering if I would be able to rescue him and put him in one of my tanks.

Attachments

• image-2043777059.jpg
    image-2043777059.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 146
I have a 75g CA community tank, 55g with a tiger Oscar, 20g with a 1.5 in ebjd, 10g planted with ghost shrimp, an empty 75g and 20g, and a 5g qt

Unless your spare 75 is up and cycled and you want to make it an african tank I would advise against adding him to any of your other tanks

Pseudotropheus socolofi would be my guess and I commend you for wanting to rescue him (god knows I've had hundreds of those) but I wouldn't add him into a display tank without a lengthy quarantine in a tank to himself, he clearly has health issues ranging from a birth defect or fish TB.

http://www.fishdeals.com/fish_diseases/curved_spine/

I would use your empty 20g tank to QT him, get him on a quality diet(such as NLS) and treat him for internal parasites with either medicated food from Angels which is the best method or the use of a powered form of Metronidazole added to the water, I'd either recommend API's General Cure or Clout by Mardel.

Medicated Flake Food for Fish

Last edited:
Good news, my friends daughter now has a new 20 gallon tank and pretty white fish for her room. It was her bday today and couldn't think of a better present for her and her dad.

Back
Top Bottom