Someone help me?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear about the crabs :( Hope those plants get better soon! For C02, I think that C02 injection is a great investment to any planted tank and since I have had experience not using any C02 and a pressurized C02 system on my planted tank, I can say that it has a tremendous effect on the growth of plants and overall keeps the tank looking more healthy. But, you can easily have a beautiful tank like Rivercats who doesn't even have C02 and still has the great results with using glut and the right ferts.

I have always just used ferts and I've gone through many planted tanks, but once everything in my tank is back to normal I want to completely fill it and I'm thinking CO2 might help when I fill in with moss and grass in the foreground. I miss my crabs, I'm gonna get more today my tank is finally in spec this time I'm gonna put a cover of some kind over their pedestal so they can't climb down the air pump hoses lol

What type of grass do you want to put in? And I was looking at some sites that sell algae eaters and shrimp and whatnot since I am having to get new algae eaters, and I came across the fiddlers- do they really do that good of a job? How many would go in my tank? And can I put them in with Amano shrimp and nerite snails? How big do they get? Sorry for all the questions!

What type of grass do you want to put in? And I was looking at some sites that sell algae eaters and shrimp and whatnot since I am having to get new algae eaters, and I came across the fiddlers- do they really do that good of a job? How many would go in my tank? And can I put them in with Amano shrimp and nerite snails? How big do they get? Sorry for all the questions!

Have a look at the flying fox also called Siamese alge eater I have one but gona get more he is grate he cleaned my tank in 3 days all by his self iv have amano shrimp for about a year and I can't say they do much I all so have apple snails there ok but would need so meny the tank would like invested but iv herd good things about nerite snails

Fiddler crabs are the greatest, however, they do require an escape proof enclosure, a place where they can air out and some aquarium salt in their water, so they are kind of high maintenance. Red cherry shrimp (RCS), ghost shrimp, oto cats (they are VERY sensitive to chemical changes, though and require some fussing over) are my personal faves. It all depends on your tank set up and personal preference. Fiddlers are not really good for a peaceful community tank, as far as clean up, they are better off in a semi aggressive community or with a small showcase tank with just about any small to medium carnivore/omnivore- they will take to shrimp pellets that are softened, some vegetables and most any type of carnivore scraps. Good luck!!

As far as the grass I want to use- I'm not sure, I am open to suggestions considering I'm just starting my research

:)

Back
Top Bottom