Someone want to explain this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had two pairs in a 29 (same footprint). They were fine until one pair spawned. After that they got moved to separate tanks... not saying it couldn't work. Just saying it might not.

If your tank is heavily Planted which I believe it is as you said then it won't be any big problem. You can add four. Also some small dither fish like neons etc.

To reduce pH you can use Indian almond leaves and Alder Cones with the driftwood. Do you have any rocks in tank? They can increase pH significantly. If you have then remove them and see if your ph is lowered by driftwood u having or not. One thing is that Indian almond leaves or Alder Cones do leach so much tanins so maybe its not good if you like crystal clear water.

In my opinion rams can adapt to your ph. Just most important thing is so many plants and warm water and at least four rams added all together in tank.

I am not very expert fish keeper but I kept rams successfully in a community tank.

My German and Electric Blue Rams Video if you like to see.

https://youtu.be/7xcMu9Bw4-k

They are balloon GBRs and more delicate then the normal rams.

Back
Top Bottom