Someone who knows lights!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The coin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 155 bow (6ft length tank)
I use a current led marine 48" on top. Lights the whole thing up perfectly, like would not ask for anymore lighting.(two ft less than tank length )

With that being said I have a 90 gallon fowlr and I ordered a 36" current marine led. So with this light it will be 1ft less than the length of tank.
Will it make my tank as bright as my 155??? If yes then I'm happy. Please reply
Thanks

What are you trying to accomplish with these fixtures? If you are keeping photosynthetic creatures, I would not use these. Your tanks are too deep for this fixture to penetrate (even though it may seem bright).
Per your question- If I was trying to light a 48" tank, I would use a 48" fixture.

Not keeping any coral just fish. And yes but did you see my 155 topic? 4 ft lit up the 6 ft tank fine. Not gonna lie don't feel like spending an extra $60 on the 4 ft

I couldn't imagine a 4ft fixture lighting a 6ft tank evenly unless it was up off the water a good bit. my only question is why buy a smaller fixture that would need to be suspended to keep it from falling into the tank when you can just buy the matching length and rest it on the top of the tank?

I've got a 5' on my 8' 240g and when it is only about 4" up, the sides are darker. I got it up to about 10" (or so) and everything is lit up okay. I'm not sure how it would look with another few inches to each side though.

The current orbit 4ft lights up my 155 nearly perfect. And I'm buying the 3 ft to save an extra $70 lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom