Something Else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phoenixkiller

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have (And will get) a whole bunch of plants. I am going to get Dwarf Water Lettuce and Brazilian Pennywort, and I know these plants need fertilizers and medium lighting. I want to get Seachem Flourish, but I was wondering if I need to get another product in conjunction with Flourish. Any ideas?

P.S. I am quite new to planted tanks, so cut me some slack lol.

What size tank and what kind of lighting? What will the stock be?
55 gallon tank, and the stock will be:
12 Yellow Tiger Endlers
2 small Red Wag Platies (Both female)
1 Sunset Platy (Female)
3 Bumblebee/Honeybee Platies (One male and two females)
6-7 Neon Tetras
5 Zebra Danios/GloFish
6 Laetacara Curviceps
6 Assorted Cories (2 Zygatus, 1 Bronze, 1 Peppered, and 2 Albino)

At the moment I have:
12 Yellow Tiger Endlers (Unsexed fry in breeder box)
3 Zebra Danios
2 small Red Wag Platies
1 Sunset Platy
5 Neon Tetras
2 Zygatus Cories
1 Bronze Cory
1 Peppered Cory

The lighting is:
Amazon.com: Aqueon Coralife 05611 Aqualight Dual Linear Strip T5 Aquarium Lighting Fixture, 48-Inch: Pet Supplies
BUT I replaced the bulbs with this:
Amazon.com: Aqueon Coralife 05625 Colormax T-5 Fluorescent Aquarium Lamp, 48-Inch: Pet Supplies
And this:
Amazon.com: Aqueon Coralife 05637 6,700K T5 Fluorescent Lamp, 48-Inch: Pet Supplies

I would start with flourish and see how it goes. You may benefit from some extra N a/o K dosing down the road, but for now, you might be ok. Just keep an eye on your nitrates and make sure they are not bottoming out.

Have you considered CO2?

I would start with flourish and see how it goes. You may benefit from some extra N a/o K dosing down the road, but for now, you might be ok. Just keep an eye on your nitrates and make sure they are not bottoming out.

Have you considered CO2?
CO2 is a bit much for me right now, I am not going for high tech. I have considered it, but frankly, I don't have money sitting around.

Sorry if I seem a bit silly, but what is what is N a/o K?

Back
Top Bottom