Something white on my betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sf1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

I guess my betta isn't healthy.
What it's can be?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20140802_003034.jpg
    20140802_003034.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 88
Tell me about your tank. Parameters? Heater? Filtration? Feeding routine? That betta looks near death. Swimming and eating normally? I'd do at least 50% water change for starters.

Tell me about your tank. Parameters? Heater? Filtration? Feeding routine? That betta looks near death. Swimming and eating normally? I'd do at least 50% water change for starters.
1. 1.5G.
2. Ammonia/Nitrite - 0. pH 8.0-8.2.
5. Water temp, maybe 27.
6. 1.5-2 years old.
8. Stay on the bottom. Sometimes swim. He eat without problems.

He also has cloudy eye (maybe 2-3 days).
I have T.C TETRACYCLINE. It's good?

Attachments

• 20140803_010542.jpg
    20140803_010542.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 20140803_010551.jpg
    20140803_010551.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 76
Just ordered KanaPlex and Furan-2. I'll use both of it.

Nitrates? I'm not sure about meds. Never used them. What filter are you using? Daily water changes. Keep him as clean as possible. Hopefully someone else can help with meds...

I use KanaPlex (already 2 doses of 3) and Furan-2 (alreay 3 doses of 4) and don't see any improvement, now this betta float all the time.

It eat and can swim when I touch it.

Antibiotics kill all the good bacteria, I use Prime to reduce ammonia/nitrite spike.

Nitrates? I'm not sure about meds. Never used them. What filter are you using? Daily water changes. Keep him as clean as possible. Hopefully someone else can help with meds...
It's hard to read. Something like 40.

Hi,

I guess my betta isn't healthy.
What it's can be?

Thanks

you said he is going on 2 years with you? When you got him wad he already beautiful with his full fins? It can take a male betta a full year (someone correct me if I'm wrong) to get those beautiful fins and their normal life expectancy could be 3-5 years (depending on their breeding and a whole bunch of other factors - such as size of tank). So I would probably guess he has some kind of illness but he is also quiet old for some betta fish. I would try to help him but also spoil him rotten while he still has a good appetite, blood worms and other bugs.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh and I would bet it is a fungul or bacterial infection.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So, KanaPlex and Furan-2 treatment doesn't help. Nothing changed.

Fish eat and stay always on the surface.

If it was Columnaris the betta was already dead.

Frequent water changes, check for symptoms of other illnesses such as ich, fin rot, velvet. I had a fish survive columnaris. I used pimafix and switched to an entirely new tank (bit that was due to all my other fish dying and never able to get the water readings right). The guy is still living.

If primafix doesn't work I'd try "shotgun" approach and add erythromycin ( gram positive bacteria), & tetracycline ( gram positive & negative), and possibly triple sulfa (gram negative inhibiting) at the same time. I don't know if it's safe to do that.

But, if he's getting worse... And, all the above hasn't helped. I think I try 2 or 3 different ones combined. One gram positive killer and 1 gram negative killer. You could use or skip the inhibitor.

( I got my betta with fin rot. Battled it for about 6 weeks. I'm about to do erythromycin and tetracycline combined on my betta. Betta Revive, salt, Furan 2 didn't work on mine and I think he's getting worse)

I hope your Betta gets better!!!

(Friend of Bill W., One day at a time)

Thanks everybody!

If it's columnaris, why the treatment doesn't work? And why the fish still alive?

It must be something else and not the gramm negative.

I'll try Rid Fungus: Rid Fungus? | Kordon!

Thanks everybody!

If it's columnaris, why the treatment doesn't work? And why the fish still alive?

It must be something else and not the gramm negative.

I'll try Rid Fungus: Rid Fungus? | Kordon!

Things take time. Continue partial water changes. Be very careful about bouncing from medicine to medicine. While your intentions are good, it could stress your fish out more.

Back
Top Bottom