Soon to be jack Dempsey tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

All_fish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391279296.955292.jpg

All I need is 3-5 terra cotta Potts and getting an API test kit today

Nice tank. Will it be a species only tank or will you add a pleco or some other bottom feeder

If you have LED lighting with any blue sin it, try and get an Electric blue Jack, the colors really pop, mines insane, even my regular Jack's are gorgeous.

I would be careful if I were you with adding just any fish with your JD. I can't keep a Pleco with mine she torments it until she finally eats it! I also am currently having issues with tank mates she is picky and very aggressive so was the last JD I had. Very beautiful fish though! I'm actually on a waiting list for an electric blue one! Good luck!

Of your going to get a placo make sure it's one with some size and not get a common placo because those get too big

I have the jds in my five gallon(no comments on that). My friend had fry and he gave some to me. They are about 1 inch each. Tested water and all is good, will go in Tuesday. Should I add the pleco first?

Gosh I would kill for some Jack Dempsey fry.... My obsession with those fish can only be solved by getting one but I have no room :(

I have four so I'm going to wait until two pair up. I think one is a female. Here's a picture of them 2-3 months ago. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391400019.094573.jpg

I would add the placo first event thou some get killed the ones that do survive. Do better if you get them first or together with the jacks

Back
Top Bottom