Sooo, My Cobalt Blue Lobster Has Eggs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,

I bought my son a 10g tank with 2 Cobalt Blue Lobster's for his Birthday last June..

At the time of purchase, both Cobalt Blue Lobster's were of virtually equal size and were in a 10g tank together on display at the LFS.

Since June, 1 has stayed pretty much the same size while the other has about doubled in size... I've seen 3 multing's in the tank..

Anyway, when I use to feed them they would both run around the tank collecting food, since the one has gotten much larger, it eats ALOT of food while the smaller one will eat a little but isn't real aggressive to get food...

Today I was cleaning the tank and notice the big one has what appears to be EGGS under it's tail...

So what now? I have to assume even if one was male and one was female and the eggs got fertilized that the hatching's wouldn't survive? Though there is nothing in the tank other than the 2 Lobsters, so I don't know if there's nothing to eat the eggs, would they survive?? If so am I going to have a ton of lobsters? LOL

Anyway, here's a picture..

-TheChad

Attachments

• IMG_1878.jpg
    IMG_1878.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 92
I used to have two in a 55 and they reproduced like crazy. Also, if you can, get a larger tank. These should have 20 gallons for one, probably an additional ten for the other. Obviously footprint is most important so go for a larger footprint.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I used to have two in a 55 and they reproduced like crazy. Also, if you can, get a larger tank. These should have 20 gallons for one, probably an additional ten for the other. Obviously footprint is most important so go for a larger footprint.

Did any of the off spring ever live? or do they die?

They lived if you took the measures to ensure it. Remove the male because he can go kill the female or the babies, once the babies appear remove the female because she will eat them. Also, from what I remember the eggs of mine were darker than what yours are showing.

Back
Top Bottom