Soooo.....i'm pondering starting another tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
p3purr - Thanks for the info! That's really great to know! Yes I worry about the heat in my tropical tanks...it's a good point about keeping them cool in the summer, definitely something to think about for a wild-caught tank. Glad to know that this little idea i had IS doable and that other people do it! Very cool! :) Thanks again for the advice and input! As for dither fish - what species would you recommend?

A school White clouds would make good dither fish for smaller natives. They do well in cooler water so they could be left in the tank after permanently. Dither fish aren't essential, I did notice when I added more natives to my tank the darters that were in the tank seemed to make the addjustment easier for the new fish. Just covering the sides of the tank may be enough to clam the new additions.

Excellent! Good to know, I really appreciate the information! I may be PMing you for more advice when I actually have a tank and am getting ready to set this all up! (if that's alright with you of course! :) )

Thanks again!

PMing me is fine. Look forward to hearing how the tank progresses.

Back
Top Bottom