Sores on S.A.Oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squiggysmom

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have been treating my 6yr. old Oscar for two months for hth. with metronzadole . It left him with large craters that are growing over with new skin. He has one sore left that is not healing as well. He's in 75 gal. tank with added prefilters on both 305 fluval. Chiclid salt , wonder shells. He will only eat his Paradigm carnavore which he devores .Just wish people didn't purchase it before I get it ! He's eating herbevore now. Over feeding is what caused the hth. added with hard water and no wonder shells. What else will help my big boy get better fast ? I've added frog moss and stress zyme . I have Rheumatoid arthritis and can't catch him.

Hi, this is out my field and I'm sure you have this covered but have you checked the tank water chemistry? Other thought be anything that reduces organic material in the tank (eg reduced feeding, not feeding messy foods, extra water changes) may also help. Hope he is improving for you :)

Back
Top Bottom