south american 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-man02

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 29g tank for my 3 juvy mumbas. I was curious if there were any south americans/rams I could put in my tank after I upgrade. I have seen some videos with angels and rams and was curious if that was healthy for the fish. Any tips or suggestions will be helpful.

-Thanks

Mbunas and south Americans A: should not be mixed and B: grow way to big and are way to active for a tank that small. 29 gal however should be ok for a pair of rams.

Mogurako said:
Mbunas and south Americans A: should not be mixed and B: grow way to big and are way to active for a tank that small. 29 gal however should be ok for a pair of rams.

Yes I said after I upgrade would a pair be all I could have or could I put one pair on rams and diffrent fish or not

What size tank are you upgrading to? If you want a tank with Mbuna a 4' 55 gallon tank would be the smallest I'd go. The Mbuna can't go with the rams though Mbunas are to aggressive. A pair of rams in a planted community tank would look nigce though. As far as SAC are concerned they tend to get big and are pretty messy I wouldn't keep them in a tank smaller than a 75, 90-210 range would be best IMO.

Right I was planning on upgrading to 55g-75g. But I like the rams and wanted to through some rams and an angel or some thing in my 29g. So any other fish with rams that will be active & fun to look at that will fit in my 29?

T-man02 said:
Right I was planning on upgrading to 55g-75g. But I like the rams and wanted to through some rams and an angel or some thing in my 29g. So any other fish with rams that will be active & fun to look at that will fit in my 29?

Rams, tetras, cories, groumi would be good in the 29. The 29 may be a little small for angels.

I've been told angles need 3' long tank. Because you'll have to but in 3-4 to see if you can get a pair then get rid of the others, I wouldn't suggest trying to "squeeze" some in.

Yea probly not the best wording i was just trying to get some more size but I will definetly look into it

Yea i really was wanting more size but if i cant be done then thats to bad

Yea ill try but I dont think I can afford one and my mom( im 14)doesnt like me having a 29 but i would love to have a larger one meaning over 75g but not thinking she will like that

Rule of thumb is get the biggest you can afford. Check craigs list you'll find some good deals on there. I got a 90 gallon with stand, filter, light, heater and fish for 150.

I will check it out I will probably do a small community tank with some rams and a larger mbuna tank but thank you.

Back
Top Bottom