species compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justrelax

Aquarium Advice FINatic
in order to set up my new 30 i have to take down the 10 (wife's rules :( ) which is currently housing 1 male delta guppy. i'm wondering if he will be ok in my 55 while waiting to be adopted by a friend who will be picking him up next week some time. see sig for 55 stock. the guppy is about 2" including the tail, and my angels are still juvies. what do y'all think?

It will be fine....Angels are pretty peaceful especially when they are juvies...But see if your wife will let you keep the 10 if it's only going to be a week or so...

Looks to me like there are no issues - I'm assuming there are lots of hiding spots in the meantime. Kudos for taking care of the little guy :)

We don't have these conversations in our house, but this is what I would do.

Sit down and explain to your wife that you really want to expand in the aquatic hobby. Ask her to go to the fish sore with you and pick out a fish or two that she would enjoy. Yep, you got to get her involved in the hobby.

Once she agrees and takes to the little swimmers you just bought her, she may encourage you to buy another tank!

At least, tell her you need that 10 gallon for a hospital tank in case something happens to the main one.

DONT GIVE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx for the input. i'm going to go ahead and put him in there tomorrow, i guess we'll see! poor guy, he's really going to be put through a lot in the next week. but he's going to a guppy breeder, so i'm sure the action he'll get in the future will be worth the stress :)

odessa, i hear ya! i actually already have a second ten that i use as qt, so that's really not going to work. plus the 46 bow and another 10 and a 5... it's more of a feng shui thing than anything. it's actually probably a good thing she's here to keep it under control! rest assured, i have permission for my very own fish room on top of our tanks that will go in the main rooms as soon as we buy our own place. thanx for the encourgement though!

well sh**. that didn't work at all. i put him in, watched closely for about 15 minutes to make sure there wasn't any immediate threat and then went to check on my boiling rocks. came back literally two minutes later and he was fish food :( poor guy, i really thought i was doing right by him.

Back
Top Bottom