split fin??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kukerdan

Aquarium Advice Activist
my marbled gobys pectoral fin rays are almost all completly separated from each other! he was fine last time i saw him.... what causes this and how do i treat it!?!?!

it could be fin rot or you could have some fish torturing him if so move him into a quarentine tank and you can possibly treat it

if you can your lucky you caught it early!

theres no sign of fungus, and nothing missing off the edge of the fin, theres just no clear stuff betwwen the rays,... and trust me, nothing tortures this fish

well he could possible be stressing and hitting the rocks or other Decors in yout tank that get caught on his fins

maybe you should turn the light off for the night so that way he can calm down and get used to the tank

i have had trouble like that when i noticed it i turned the light off anf he calmed down and was fin the next morning

hes been in the tank for a few months, hes a marbled goby, he just perches him self untill its feeding time, he uses those pectoral fins to hold himself in place

You could try Melafix to speed up the healing and it would probably help, it seems to help my fish when they have split fins (if my sev gets too rowdy with my firemouth! :roll: ). If you think it is fin rot try Pimafix. :mrgreen:

try putting him in a QT for time to heal just incase he IS getting bullied cause you always gotta take precautions!!

it shouldnt be fin rot but if it is that really fast for the fins to split so im guessing that it has been bullied or gotten caught on something

are there any decorations your little guy could have gotten stuck in? Fish heal pretty fast, but if you don't see improvement in the next two days, or if it gets worse, I'd go ahead and move him to a QT or treat the tank.

exactly

make sure there are NO pointy edges inside your tank so that he wont hurt himself

maybe the other fish wont hurt themselves but that doesnt mean there isnt possibilities that it wont happen cause it CAN anything is possible in a tank

like they can ger stuck against the tanks filter

remember the wierdest things can happen in a fish tank!!!

Back
Top Bottom