Spongebob tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FinsandFeathers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello.
On a whim, I recently purchased the entire spongebob aquarium ornament set, and have a 75g cycling to put it in. Since all of our other tanks have very natural decor, I wanted 1 tank that was bright and happy. I'm using black and purple gravel, and have a variety of colored decor and artificial plants.
We primarily keep cichlids, oddball fish, and predatory catfish, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for an active, peaceful, colorful stocking plan for a community tank of medium size. I'd like to have fish at all levels of the water column, and would like to include some inverts, as well.
My water has a ph from the tap of 7.6, with fairly neutral hardness.
Thanks

Platies are also super colorful and easy to keep. Mine swims all over the tank. Most livebearers that I have seen (guppies, platies, mollies, endlers) have a ton of color variations, and are usually really peaceful. If you have males and females, though, you will quickly and often have a ton of fry.

Dwarf gouramis have a few different color morphs.

Cory cats aren't super bright, but there are a ton of different color variations and with a group of them are fun to watch.

I've never really had specifically "top" dwellers, but I've seen some really cool, small hatchetfish. I don't know anything about them, but they have some interesting colors types.

You should get a pygmy unicorn fish for this tank!! Or a spotted starburst wombat pleco!!!! ;p

Thank you all for your input. I think we've decided to go with Boesemani Rainbows, Golden Wonder Kilifish, Cardinal Tetras, Panda Cories, and a couple Viper shrimp.
Sorry, nirbhao, but no snails. I've never had very good luck with them.
Smallfry, I already have those animals for the tank; just in resinous form.
Are those real fish, Brookster? I'll have to look them up.

Back
Top Bottom