Sps id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badfishofbabylon

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was told it was a type of Acro when I bought it, but I'm not too good with my SPS IDs. Thanks for any help.

I just got it so its brownish right now but its coloring up purple, which is making me think Purple Bonsai. But the growth structure looks different from all the Bonsai photos I've seen.

I got this what I believe is an Acro for five bucks. If its not please correct me

ForumRunner_20120109_215200.jpg

I have the same one,lol, I believe its a bushy acropora. :) Grows pretty quick too from what I have seen with mine.

Well I read that u shouldn't put them in a tank younger than a year but it isn't showing any signs of destress. How can I tell if it starts to go south?

You can put an acro in a "newish" tank as long as your parameters are good and stable. Mature tanks are always easier to add corals to, but as long as you are diligent with your tank maintenance, you should be fine.

Would a hump from a specific gravity of ..024 to .0245 be enough to hurt anything? Even. JUmp from .024 to .025 be bad during a water change

Back
Top Bottom