SPS losing color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drew300

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I have a couple sps corals that are losing flesh or color from the base up. Is this a sign of stress? These are my first sps and I don't want to lose them. Their polyps are nicely opened and don't seemed stressed but I don't know why the bases are losing color. As if they're bleachng

Attachments

• 20170718_110219.jpg
    20170718_110219.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 68
Not a good sign on SPS frags. That is a sign of RTN, rapid tissue necrosis. This should give you all the information that you need, but personally I've never been successful with stopping RTN.

Not a good sign on SPS frags. That is a sign of RTN, rapid tissue necrosis. This should give you all the information that you need, but personally I've never been successful with stopping RTN.
Thanks...i don't have anything to frag my frags. Will this affect my other LOS corals? I haven't read anything that says it does but I just want to make sure

This kind of tissue loss is specifically for SPS corals. LPS is a different issue when tissue loss comes around. Most likely stems from similar issues in the water column IMO though.

Back
Top Bottom