Spur of the moment shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bennyrw

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I wanted to get some shrimp in my main tank but decided when I got to lfs to upgrade my mollie, guppy fry tank to a bigger shrimp/fry tank.
I had this old tank that i forgot about in a cupboard and literally cleaned it out and set it up in about 30mins with a rock from backyard and some cuttings off main tank.
I plan on planting out opposite side off rock fairly dense and putting some black bamboo behind the rock if they mate.
I've never kept shrimp so if anyone knows what plants are best or if you see any failings in my design I would like to get any feedback.

image-1395843823.jpg

Looking good! Some java moss or more plants for some shrimp hiding places would be ideal. Also a sponge filter is best or a pre filter so no baby shrimp get sucked up.

Thanks guys, unfortunately not much has changed since I posted
all my glass shrimp are still alive so I'm going to add some cherry reds and get some java moss in there.
Didn't want to get the crs right away because there $6-7 each and then find out I'm hopeless at shrimp keeping :)
I am assuming glass and cherry reds can be kept together?

Every aquarium in southern Sydney that I've been to sells them at that price.

Back
Top Bottom