Stand for 40g breeder future reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike24

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello i just build a stand for my 40g breeder. here are the dimension (i think i messed up) 36 1/2 length x 18 1/2 front to back x 3ft high. Is it 3 foot high is way too high for a 40g breeder tank.? Thanks

My question is the hieght of the stand. Because its 3 foot high, i want to know if its way too. High for a 40g breeder tank.? Thanks

Your lights will have the biggest impact concerning depth. Chose good lights! LEDs for sure! Look at the angle of your beem. 90 degrees

...may hit the bottom. And depends on what you plan to put in. More experienced ppl might have more input. Butt to keep you encourage, I know fish in the sea live more than 30 feet down! :0)

I think mike is strictly talking about the height of his stand that he bought. I think that height would be good. It's pretty much up to you though. If you like it then don't change it. You could always get on petsmarts website and see what their average stands height is.

My tank dimenaion 36x18x17. So i build a stand this are the stand dimension 36 1/2 x 18 1/2 x 3 foot, my main concern is the (Stand Height) if 3 foot (High) is way to hight that my tank will tip over? Thanks

My set up

light i got t5 (6x)

Aquablue 15k (1x)
Blueplus (2x)
Purpleplus (2x)
True actinic (2x)

rIstoll thanks.. I build the stand that high coz im going to put the sump (20 gallon long) under the main tank like always, and the light, my skimmer with height of 28".

Yeah I think you are good to go. As long as the tank is perfectly level. It shouldn't tip over. And I'm sure you built it sturdy enough. Maybe post a pic of the finished product for us to see and give opinions.

I will, i only give 1/2 inch allowance all around the tank thats why im a little worried, i used 2x4's and i think its sturdy enough, i did some weight (plates) test on it earlier put like roughly 450-500 lbs and it (stand) didnt break into couple pieces :) thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom