stands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chiefs101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i am getting a 50 gallon tank for christmas. i have been looking at stands for it but im on a tight budget for it. Any suggestions on where to buy it or what brand

Stands are going to be cheaper to buy at the lfs than online. Wal-Mart has a decent 55 gal stand for under $100. Don't use furnature for a stand. Most furnature, no matter how sturdy, will not hold the weight of the tank. You could also try places like PetsMart, PetCo, and your lfs. Look for one that has a small scratch on it. Chances are they will sell it for a discounted price. We purchased one for our 29 gal tank that had a minor scratch on the ouside and got it for 40% off. A little bit of touch up paint covered it right up. If it does have a minor defect (such as paint), do not pay full price. If it is a defect such as shotty workmanship or flimsy boards, do not purchase it. HTH.

You could also biuld a DIY stand. I mean you've got enough time till Christmas any way :wink: .

Look under the DIY Forum for DIY plans, how the stands look etc.

Back
Top Bottom