Star polyps started to creep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
This is so cool my star polyps are starting to creep up the back glass(y)
be neat if it takes over the whole back glass
in about a week it went from a dime size to over the size of a half dollar on the glass

img_2383591_0_0a8688990ae6d8ca65fb23e5af7ef00e.jpg

sorry took me so long to get a better pict had a few more important things going on but here is a better pict

Attachments

• v 001.jpg
    v 001.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 119
Lol very cool.

I was reading somewhere that some consider gsp invasive in their tank because of how Hardy they are and how fast they grow.

That is awesome!!!! I'm trying to get mine to do the same thing. Lol I really don't want them on my rocks to much. The LFS here has lost some expensive corals in the 500gal dt from gsp invasion.

Same with mine. Don't feel it's invasive as its growing very slow. My Anthelia is another story

My gsp is growing too fast and I find it a pain to get off the rocks it has spread to. Wish i had left it on an isolated rock or whatnot. Its pretty but its invading other corals fast. The back wall getting covered would look nice and possibly be easier to control. Hope yours does well.

The stuff is definitely super hardy! I have it everywhere in my tank. After scraping it off it seems to come back. Seems like if you don't get every tiny speck off it comes back! So aggravating.
I'm trying to get mine to grow up the back wall as well. I've peeled it off of smooth surfaced rocks before very easily with my fingernails. I'm thinking it would be much easier to contain being on the glass. I had to isolate mine to one rock and I set it on the sand by the back glass and side wall. I think it would be cool to see it grow on the side glass as well! You could outline it with a marker and watch it grow outside the lines. Lol.
With it being on the back glass you could shape it however you want so it doesn't look like just a big blotch of green. Make it grow in lines, or shape it into a cool design... That's what I want to do with it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom