Starfish acclamation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fierro Nights

Aquarium Advice Freak
i got a surpant star today, i have it in my tank right now getting it adjusted and everything.

i decided to test the salinity in the bag water the starfish is in right now, and the LFS has a salinity of 1.019 and my tank water is 1.024

from what i have read, inverts are not suppose to be exposed to changes more then .02 a day.

am i suppose to be getting this thing used to my tank over the next 3 days?!

ive never used that, ill see if i can rig one, i have plenty of air line.

ill try it now.

I like to drip my inverts for at least 2 hours. You want about 2 drips per second.

well i have 3 knots in my line, it took a while to get the flow down, 2 drips? mine only drips ever 5 or so seconds, the salinity is way off.

this thing wont run out of air? not much water movement going on in the bag.

i dont mind it taking a long time, i paid alot for this thing. its the most expensive non-coral addition to my tank.

thats a nice thing to have, id buy it but is too low cost to get it by its self online.

also i have an anemone growing on my rock, i think its the same one that was growing else where as the other one is gone and looks like it grew some can i just pull it out or do i need to remove is a special way? i dont know what kind it is, its too small to tell, so far it looks tan in color w/ maybe small stripes, i dont want anything that could harm my fish.

i have thos things on my glass again, tiny clear white things w/ the legs w/ bups on the legs, looks like a micro jelly stuck to my glass, i forget what they are called but thats too much food in the tank right?

i also found this link when i was looking for those jelly things.

i thought that you may all light it. http://www.oddee.com/item_92488.aspx just some neat aquariums around the world.

have you personally had this problem? i dont know if i should go out and buy some kalk or pickle brine mix

well i put some purple up in a syringe and waited a while for the calcium to separate from the water upside down, then pushed out the water. i found the aptasia but it shrunk into a very tiny crevice in my rock, so i put a bit of the calcium on it, i had planned to try to suck it out afterwards but it shrunk too much so i just later dried then placed a nice ball of super glue over the crevice, hopefully it will die from lack of nutrients.

you think an emerald crab would eat it? i have one, but i want another that i saw at the store for 6 bucks, it was a nice sized one.

i fed the tank this morning, my star fish took off to hide in a cave, it stuck out an arm and now it seems to like to " pet " my fire shrimp, just keeps stroking it, but my shrimp moves alot.

is my shrimp still going to be around by the end of the day? i have to go to school for a couple of hours and ill be back, i hope to see my shrimp still alive.

Purple up is not going to kill aiptasia. If you read the link, it tells you I have used it myself and it works. It also tells you how to make it.

Back
Top Bottom