starfish question and pics of the tank you all helped build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jr5018

Aquarium Advice Regular
what is wrong with this starfish i cant imagine anything in the tank eating him? I have 1 sabae clown 1 sand sifting starfish 1 cleaner wrasse 1 yellow tang and 1 bicolor angel 4 mex turbos 5 atlantic turbos and 2 hermit crabs

nice tank JR, looks excactly like the one i have sitting behind me "empty" waiting for me to get brave enough to start it. Well mainly because I don't have 500 dollars for the LR yet :wink: is it a 75 gallon?

Looks like neucrosis to me. Most of the time it comes from not adjusting to the tank. It could be from being acclimated to fast or changes in the water chemistry. Its most common right after they are introduced to the tank.

Squishy

It is a 55 gal I am currently working on a DIY 180 gal in my garage. The starfish has been in the tank for over 4 months. Will shrimp eat starfish?

jr5018 said:
Will shrimp eat starfish?
If necrosis has started the shrimp will definately pick at the star making matters worse. Most decorative shrimp species however will not be the cause though. As well as acclimation concerns, stars will also do this due to lack of natural foods.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom