Start to algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grand1011

Aquarium Advice Activist
My tank is slowly showing signs of algae on the walls and now the tank is becoming a bit green. Been running for a week with 216 w lights on a tall 60 gallon and using molybdenum as a fertilizer with a small amount of co2 running, about 15 ppm. How can I stop this before it overruns the tank

Just a quick take-off but it looks like high light and little CO2 may be contributing. What is your photoperiod, dosing schedule?

I keep lights on for about 8 hours; 5 hours of half wattage and 3 hours of full 216watts. I dose 1 capful of molybdenum from a seachems flourish bottle once daily. I also have eco complete substrate. Also steady co2 of diy yeast and a crappy airstone diffuser. I'm getting an elite mini filter to turn into a diffuser next week

I keep lights on for about 8 hours; 5 hours of half wattage and 3 hours of full 216watts. I dose 1 capful of molybdenum from a seachems flourish bottle once daily. I also have eco complete substrate. Also steady co2 of diy yeast and a crappy airstone diffuser. I'm getting an elite mini filter to turn into a diffuser next week

Since you just have diy co2 I'd cut down the lighting.

Yea probably what I'll do until I get a co2 system. Today I only had the light on for a few hours, and I just threw in a spare uv sterilizer from a 10 gallon tank to cut down on free floating alga

Back
Top Bottom