Starting 29 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks :) I can't wait for my shrimp. And to add corral. And to get some cleaning shrimp. Oooh soooo much I wanna do!

I have a cleaning shrimp in my pico tank and when I go in the tank to do something he comes and walks around on my hand. You'll love the shrimp lol. :)

Can't wait! I haven't been able to find any lately. :/ hopefully a couple will pop up soon

So just an update. Everyones lookin happy. Gettin plenty of colors growin on my rocks :) still waitin on my pistol shrimp. I need some ideas for things to get rid of algea. Mainly on the glass. Anyone got any good snail ideas? I heard turbo but I don't want a HUGE snail till I get an upgrade. Can I buy a baby turbo or do they grow fast? I kinda like zebra turbo. Any good ideas for snails that eat lots of algea of tank walls?

This might sound silly but do I need to buy shells for my snails and hermit crabs? Because I swear they and their shells are growing bigger and bigger.

Okay. But do snail shells grow with the snails? Like if I were to get a young turbo?

Wow. I never knew that! Any idea about how long it takes for a turbo snail to get to be huge like most o the big ones you see at an LFS? I wanna get Antioch zebra turbo but don't want a giant snail in this small of a tank, there's just no room for it. I plan on upgrading in about a year.

Their growth really differs. Some blow up to be huge. Others take a little while. I have 5 turbos in my 29g. They are quite big. But they don't take up much room. When I got them they were about the size of a dime. After 8 months. 2-3 are like nickels and one is about the size of a quarter. So it just depends on the snail I guess

Okay. I'll probably get at least 1. Do they knock over your rocks? I heard that could be a problem.

Mine knocked over some corals, but its ok he is worth it. Haha they are stronger then they look

Awesome :) thanks. Any ideas on other good snails? Haha good for eating algea off the glass?

Okay but might not get any till Tuesday. I work 12 hour shifts sat, sun, mon and sleep the other 12 hours. :p

Back
Top Bottom